Home ........ Travels ........ Web 3D ........ Socials

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Rhode Run Ultra

Is it possible to go out tomorrow, and with my base fitness run 50 km with no specific training for that distance?

No ...

... because I just did it today!

We started just after 10am at the Moosup Valley State Park Trail off Plainfield Pike in Sterling, CT. I say "we" because while all I did was run, my lovely wife Jen crewed for me which meant navigating and driving to each meeting point, refilling water bottles, making sure I had the right nutrition .. quite simply, I could not have done this without her.

I followed the trail about 5 miles over the Connecticut / Rhode Island border along dirt paths, by a quarter mile of flooded trail and onto the Washington Secondary / Trestle Tail bike path which carried me for the next 20 miles well into Cranston, RI.

After a minor navigation error in the city streets, I was a bit overdue for this picture:

But ultimately made it to the Massachusetts border in just under 5 hours - 4:59:16 to be exact - for this photo.

I then continued on a bit to get just over the 50km mark and meet Jen up the road in a parking lot for some real food .. and a ride home!

No comments :

 

Copyright © VinsWorld. All Rights Reserved.