Saturday, September 26, 2026

Somewhere Beyond the Sea

There is a nor'easter blowing, making 15 to 20 ft waves. But that's far offshore, so the swell when hitting the beach was not much more than 3 foot every 10 minutes or so.  Not enough power yet to have dug trenches or carved rips, but an ebb tide combined with the volume of water made swimming out easier than getting back in.

Swimming left to right with the prevailing wind made the swim super fast and by the time I was finishing, another round of waves was coming in. That made it relatively easy to catch one and ride it in. 

A short swim today as I chose not to swim back against the prevailing long shore current and not venture out again for a water-based, conveyor belt ride.  I'll be back again this fall when calmer conditions allow a longer workout.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © VinsWorld. All Rights Reserved.